Join architect Evan Troxel as we explore important topics surrounding the co-evolution of architecture and technology.
Unscripted, long-form conversations—with industry giants—where you are in the room.
Guests from the architectural community and beyond have conversations with Evan about the influence digital transformation is having on the profession with long digressions on leadership, change management, knowledge transfer, where all this may lead to in the future of the building industry, and more.
An Independent Podcast
👋 Hi, I’m your host, Evan Troxel. It’s just me here—no big company or investors. I do the booking, writing, recording, editing, producing, marketing, and promotion.
But I want it to grow and add even more value to the building industry, and so do my listeners.
Creating this podcast takes effort and funds, so you can support TRXL in two ways:
- Listen for free to ad-supported episodes, or...
- Support the show as a paid subscriber and access your very own private RSS feed with ad-free episodes, and a lot more. Click below to see the options.
Subscribing in either manor helps the show gain visibility, so which ever option you choose, thank you for your support!
And if you or your company may have an interest in sponsoring the show, find out more about sponsorship here.
- Ellen Bensky // Turner Fleischer Architects
- Phil Bernstein, FAIA // Yale School of Architecture
- Dr. Daniel Davis // Hassell
- Randy Deutsch // University of Illinois
- Dave Fano // Teal
- Clifton Harness // TestFit
- Andrew Heumann // Human UI // HYPAR
- Ian Keough // HYPAR
- Evelyn Lee, FAIA // Slack // Practice Disrupted podcast
- Geoff Manaugh // BLDGBLOG
- Federico Negro // CANOA Supply
- Eric Reinholdt // Thirty by Forty
- Brian Ringley // Boston Dynamics
- Rosa Sheng, FAIA // EQxD // SmithGroup
We benefit hugely from Evan being a kind of a megaphone for this stuff in the industry. The number of people that have told me “I've listened to you on the TRXL podcast, it's incredible.” So please keep doing what you're doing.
Evan's podcast helps me bridge the gap between needing to know about tech in AEC, but not needing to be an expert. He manages to be intellectual and informative without alienating. With his quote "I'm not just a technology champion, I just want us [the architecture profession] to make progress" he champions the issues I feel so strongly about.
There's only really one conversation that matters when it comes to the co-evolution of architecture and technology: that's Evan Troxel's TRXL podcast. He speaks to architects, designers, writers and technologists as a fellow practitioner—but also as a confidant and sounding board. This means evolution in daily workflows, all the big turning wheels of epochal change—and the personal narratives linking them—are revealed. There's nothing else like it, and it's essential.
Evan's podcast continues to be my go-to for any and all AEC-related news/information. Evan has a way to both pick the perfect time to interject into a conversation and use his years of experience in the sector to push the conversation along, while also knowing when to just let the person talk. The quality of guests has always been top par. He's the "Joe Rogan of AEC."
Your podcasts and guests are among the top of our industry globally and it's been an absolute joy to listen to them.
Other fun facts
Why does this podcast exist?
- Each episode is simply meant to be an open conversation with the opportunity to go anywhere (just like real, unrecorded convo’s) with people who are passionate about the future of the architectural profession and the building industry.
- The conversations are recorded and then memorialized on the internet for others to experience. Listeners get to be a fly on the wall. As one listener put it, “I felt like I was in the room.”
What is the title of the show?
- Troxel’s last name without the vowels.
- Pronunciation: träksəl; or phonetically: troksl
Subscribing in your favorite podcast player will deliver new episodes to your device automatically each time one is published. Visit the links below to choose your platform.