043: ‘This Could Get Pretty Big’, with Dion Moult
A conversation with Dion Moult.
Special guest Dion Moult joins the podcast to talk about Open Source software, BlenderBIM, OpenBIM, the Open Source Architecture (OSArch) community, the problem of file formats and software companies that create lock-in, making informed choices about project development workflows relating to technology and software, thinking bigger about the ecosystems of our built environments, and much more.
- Dion's blog
- The OSArch Community website
- learn.osarch.org video tutorials
- OSArch on Twitter
- BlenderBIM website
- BlenderBIM on Twitter
- Blender website & community
- FreeCAD website
- Open-source software defined (Wikipedia)
- IfcOpenShell website
- BuildingSMART website
- Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) wiki
- Ladybug Tools website (Free environmental analysis tools)
- OPEN Foam website (Open source CFD analysis tools)
- Check out my other podcast too: Archispeak
- My YouTube channel
Thanks to our sponsor this week for helping make this episode possible.
ArchIT offers Complete IT Solutions for Architecture, Design, and Engineering firms. Tired of dealing with generic IT providers? Visit www.getarchit.com and schedule your free consultation. Technology is your competitive advantage.