Special guest Roderick Bates of Enscape joins the podcast to talk about his current research foray into the Metaverse including the different locations that exist today, the potential the Metaverse may or may not have for architects and what value they could bring to it, some of the ethical implications architects practicing or creating content for the Metaverse should be thinking about, the positive and negative impacts of immersion including the possibility for manipulation in these kinds of environments, the architectural tech stack currently needed to become a creator in the Metaverse, proactive architectural business model opportunities in relation to the Metaverse, and more.
Please rate ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ and review TRXL podcast on Apple Podcasts (or wherever you listen) and don't forget to subscribe and share this episode if you enjoyed it!
- Roderick on LinkedIn
- Webinar: Digital Twins, Metaverse, Carbon Awareness: Trends Impacting AEC in 2022 and Beyond by Roderick Bates (Enscape blog)
- Enscape website
- Enscape release 3.4
- Enscape for Mac
- Mona (Official Discord server for the Mona Metaverse)
- Decentraland (Official Discord server for the Decentraland Metaverse)
- Somnium Space (Official Discord server for the Somnium Space Metaverse)
- Cryptovoxels | Invite link (Official Discord server for the Cryptovoxels Metaverse)
- The Sandbox (Official Discord server for the The Sandbox Metaverse)
- Renovi (Discord server for Renovi, a NFT marketplace for architects, 3D designers and developers in the Metaverse)
- Architecting the Metaverse | Invite link (Community about architecting the metaverse on Discord)
- MetaArchitects Hub (Platform-agnostic community for building and developing Metaverse Architecture on Discord)
- r/Architecture (Reddit community Discord channel specifically for the Metaverse)
- Elders React to HTC Vive VR (YouTube)
- Check out my other podcasts too: Archispeak & Peopleverse
- My YouTube channel
Connect with Evan
Content is more than Revit families. If it’s digital, AVAIL can handle it. Learn more today at https://getavail.com and future-proof your firm’s technology investment.